What is the Annual Vision of Ministry?
Every summer, the UUCA Board of Trustees and the Senior Minister/program leaders?? convene a retreat to reflect on the past year’s successes and challenges. There, we ask ourselves “?????????” The answers to that question provide the foundation from which we build the Annual Vision of Ministry. The 2019 Annual Vision of Ministry centers four goals that seek to accomplish deep internal and community relationships to …….
Approved in June 2019
GOAL I: MANAGE UUCA CULTURAL TRANSITION TOWARD A GRAND VISION FORTHE FUTURE
- Support new staff through a rigorous search for the right fit, onboard new staff, and integrate them fully into the congregation and staff team
- Meet with a Committee on Ministry to evaluate the ministry of the congregation
- Advise Coxe Curry and congregant teams, offering strategic vision for how we will do a bold new thing at 2650 N. Druid Hills Rd.
Goal II: CHART A PATH TOWARD CONGREGATIONAL LEADERSHIP
- Build up the Hospitality and Inclusion Team
- Hire a Membership Coordinator
Goal III: FORGE COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
- Join interfaith board
- Approach Dekalb Co. about prison ministry
Goal VI: SUPPORT DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Offer opportunities for transformational education
Follow Our Progress
Check out some of the highlights of UUCA work on the Annual Vision of Ministry Goals!
- Collaborating with Director of Lifespan Religious Education Search Team. Seeking candidates skill in religious education, pedagogy, volunteer administration, and anti-racism/multi-multiculturalism
- Gathering input from Hospitality Team for Membership Director
- Convened a Committee on Ministry
- Created program aspiration document for feasibility study
- Recruiting new members to Hospitality Team
- Studying staff configurations and opportunities
- Rev. Strauss is joining board of Georgia Interfiath Policy Coalition
- Suzanne Wilson along with other congregants are researching starting a UUCA jail ministry
- Providing Adult Religious Education programming to deepen empathy and understanding